Tuesday, August 9, 2011

20 Questions for My 11-Year-Old

Tatum turns 11 tomorrow. I sat down with her after school today for an interview. I thought of 20 questions while we were talking, and jotted down her answers. Here's what she said. Her answers completely.

1. Who are your heroes?
Martin Luther King Jr, my mom, God and Susan B Anthony.

2. What is the biggest thing that has happened during your life, so far?
Getting into Accelerated Math in 6th grade.

3. What do you think is the biggest problem in our country today?
Debt. Everyone has so much debt.

4. What famous person would you most like to meet?
Daniel Radcliffe.

5. What sets you apart from other people your age?
I think I'm a tad crazier than other people.

6. What do you want to do as an adult?
Be an actress on TV or a lawyer who defends poor people in court.

7. How do you want to be remembered?
As someone who was fun with a good heart. Someone who was a good friend and was happy.

8. What brings you joy?
Music, magazines, math and amusement parks.

9. What makes you sad?
Thinking about someone dying, cancer and war.

10. What things do you want to improve about yourself?
How much I talk in school and my ability to focus better.

11. What do you like most about yourself?
My eyes, because that's what I get the most compliments about.

12. If you could go back an relive one day from your life, what day would you pick?
When I stayed at the Grand Floridian Hotel with my mom and twin sisters. My mother picked me up from first grade for a dentist appointment (she said). Then she drove us to the hotel. We dressed up as princesses and went to "Pirate and Princess Night" at Disney World.

13. What kind of family do you want to have in the future?
I definitely want to be married and have 2 or 3 kids.

14. What angers you?
Being wrong. I get angry when I think I'm right about something and get proven wrong by someone else.

15. What do you know is true?
I'm going to have a job that involves math.

16. What is confidence?
Your belief in yourself. You know what you need and you know what you want. Other people can't put you down or take that from you.

17. If you were President, what would you do?
First, I'd be really proud to be the first girl President. Instead of over-powering people, I would try to help all people be equal.

18. If you become a mother, what will you be like?
I will discipline my children when they need to be disciplined and give them treats every now and then. I will try to be one of the fun moms, not one of the obnoxious ones who let their kids do anything and everything they want.

19. If you could write a book, what would it be about?
It would be about a person who gets lost in a different world. She meets friends along the way who help her get back to her world, but in the end, she wants to stay in the new world, and one of her friends trades places with her and goes back to the other world instead.

20. What is important to you?
1. friends
2. family
3. love
4. happiness
5. music
6. the performing arts
7. school
8. colors
9. nature
10. Life: Being able to see things, feel things and live moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment